The new age has arrived - three technology laws are driving the new economy:
- Moore's law : Computer power doubles every 18 months
- Gilder's law : Bandwidth doubles every 12 months
- Metcalfe's law : Effectiveness increases exponentially with connectivity
Individuals and companies worldwide are now electronically linked. The rules of the game are changing. The driving principles of the new economy constitute a revolution :
- Matter : It matters less - processing information is more powerful.
- Space : Distance has vanished - the global village is here.
- Time : Instant interaction is critical.
- People : The knowledge-worker is the major asset.
- Growth : Accelerated by technology
- Efficiency : Infomediaries replace intermediaries.
- A mirror of progress and change.
- Capital markets and market-valuations.
- Affect on the public sector.
- The global village.
- Where are the suppliers and consumers?
- The dichotomy of local politics vs. global markets.
Public sector impact:
- B2B e-commerce trends.
- Affect on public sector purchasing.
The Human Genome Project:
- How will the new economy affect the Public Sector?
- A significant new inflection point with revolutionary and startling consequences for humans and life as we know it.
- Technology will enhance biology through the virtual elimination of disease and significant increase in longevity.
Get ready for change:
- Fringe-thinkers are already discussing trans-human and post-human societies.
- The new millennium brings with it enormous changes in all areas of human consciousness.
- Significant philosophical, ethical, moral, legal, sociological and spiritual questions must be answered.